Assessment and development of your go to market strategy and the responsible workforce is essential to high-performing organizations.
This is work that must be done regularly as go to market strategies shift and your prospect’s purchase decision journey’s evolve.
Assessments should certainly be used during the recruitment process to identify high-potential candidates and avoid low-potential candidates. But equally important is the frequent assessment of your current sales and marketing team members.
I work with business owners and revenue leaders to both identify strengths and become aware of the gaps that will affect the execution of their sales and marketing strategy.
The straight financial cost of a bad hire has been well documented. When you consider the impact on morale and productivity in a team environment that cost will multiply quickly. And those are internal calculations that haven’t yet considered lost customers and their lifetime value.
While assessments are widely known and used to help with the recruiting and hiring process, they can provide great value beyond the talent “acquisition” use case.
Additional performance and financial drain is associated with poor employee engagement levels, as well as with a team burdened with low emotional intelligence. In these areas, assessment initiatives can also play a key role in the development of cohesive and effective revenue teams.
I focus on three specific areas of assessment:
- Sales Teams
- Sales and Marketing Teams
In serving clients interested in sales and sales team assessments, I utilize assessments developed by Dr. Christopher Croner. Dr. Croner is the Principal at SalesDrive, LLC and is co-author of the book, Never Hire a Bad Salesperson Again, which details his research and practice in identifying the non-teachable personality traits common to top producers.
- The DriveTest®, is an online sales ability test and is grounded in the identification of three critical, non-teachable personality traits for top producers collectively known as Drive. These traits include:
- Need for Achievement: The intense desire to attain excellence & accomplish challenging goals.
- Competitiveness: The unquenchable thirst to outperform one’s peers & win the customer over to their point of view.
- Optimism: The certainty and resiliency that cannot be denied.
- The Production Builder™ is focused on understanding your current teams strengths and provides insight into the targeted improvement areas needed to maximize individual and team productivity.
Get Started Today with Our Sales Hiring Assessment
Request a free trial of the sales hiring assessment and find out if your candidate has the Drive needed to succeed in your sales organization.